Dr. Mohammad-Reza (Mahraz) Raveshi
Mahraz graduated from the National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents High School Sari Branch in 2004 and obtained his B.Sc. Eng. (2009) and M.Sc. Eng. (2012) degree in Mechanical Engineering from K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Iran. He completed his PhD in bio-microfluidics at Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Monash University, supervised by Prof. Adrian Neild and Dr Reza Nosrati. His PhD candidature led to the development of novel microfluidic platforms for on-chip reactions and study of cell biology, specialising in bio-microfluidics, micro-fabrication and droplet microfluidics. He has applied his expertise in the development of single-layer pneumatic microvalves for droplet manipulation as well as to probe sperm behaviour and manipulate cells. His research interests include droplet microﬂuidics, biomicroﬂuidics, microvalves, nanofluidics and acoustofluidics.
Since January 2021, he has been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at LMS in conjunction with the AMB Lab. He is currently focussed on developing active techniques for microdroplet and cell manipulation, utilising microfluidic valves and surface acoustic waves. In collaboration with the AMB Lab, he is working on developing a droplet microfluidic platform to resolve and quantify the interaction mechanisms of sperm with soft curved interfaces.
In his spare time Mahraz enjoys physical activities such as cooking, watching movies, running and sweating it out in the gym. He loves history and learning different cultures and whenever he has enough time, he usually packs his bag and travels to new places to explore the world.
- Faculty of Engineering Postgraduate Publication Award – Round 3/2020
- Awarded MicroTAS 2019 Travel Grant, Applied Sciences (MDPI), Chemical and Biological Microsystems Society, October, 2019.
- S. N. Agnihotri, M. R. Raveshi, R. Bhardwaj, A. Neild. Microvalves for integrated selective droplet generation, splitting and merging on a chip. Microfluid Nanofluid 25, 88 (2021)
- M. R. Raveshi, M. S. A. Halim, S. N. Agnihotri, M. K. O'Bryan, A. Neild, R. Nosrati. Curvature in the reproductive tract alters sperm–surface interactions. Nat Commun 12, 3446 (2021)
- S. Agnihotri, M.R. Raveshi, R. Bhardwaj, A. Neild. Microfluidic Valves for Selective On-chip Droplet Splitting at Multiple Sites. Langmuir 2020, 36, 5, 1138-1146
- M. R. Raveshi, S. N. Agnihotri, M. Sesen, R. Bhardwaj, A. Neild. Selective droplet splitting using single layer microfluidic valves. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 292: 233-240 (2019)
- S. N. Agnihotri, M. R. Raveshi, R. Bhardwaj, A. Neild. Droplet breakup at the entrance to a bypass channel in a microfluidic system. Phys. Rev. Applied 11, 034020
- M.R. Raveshi, “Non-Fourier Heat conduction in an Exponentially Graded Slab”, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, Vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 326-336, 2016.
- D. Rezaei Khonakdar, M.R. Raveshi, “Mixed Convection on a Vertical Plate in Supercritical Fluids by Selecting the Best Equation of State”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, Vol. 107, pp. 549-559, 2016.
- M. Babaelahi, M.R. Raveshi, “Analytical Efficiency Analysis of Aerospace Radiating Fin”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 228, no. 17, pp. 3133-3140, 2014.
- A.R. Teymourtash, D. Rezaei Khonakdar, M.R. Raveshi, “Natural Convection on a Vertical Plate with Variable Heat Flux in Supercritical Fluids”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, Vol. 74, pp. 115-127, 2013.
- M.R. Raveshi, A. Keshavarz, M. Salemi Mojarrad, S. Amiri, “Experimental Investigation of Pool Boiling Heat Transfer Enhancement of Alumina-Water-Ethylene Glycol Nanofluids”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 44, pp. 805-814, 2013.
- S. Sadri, M.R. Raveshi, S. Amiri, “Efficiency Analysis of Straight Fin with Variable Heat Transfer Coefficient and Thermal Conductivity”, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, no. 4, pp.1283-1290, 2012.
- M.R. Raveshi, A. Keshavarz, S. Amiri, “A Device for Measuring the Pool Boiling Properties of Nanofluids and Binary Liquid Mixtures with Different Surface Roughness and Surface Materials”, Iranian Patent No. 78319, 2013, Iran.