Mohammad-Reza (Mahraz) Raveshi
I graduated from National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents High School Sari Branch in 2004 and received my B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from K.N. Toosi University of Technology in 2009. After which I completed my M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Energy Conversion from the same university, supervised by Professor Ali Keshavarz in 2012, I moved to Melbourne, Australia to pursue my graduate studies to obtain a PhD degree.
Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer are the fields of study which engaged my interest. I learned that experimental research is one of the main objectives of my academic life and to this end; I opened the experimental door with my M.Sc. Designing a Pool Boiling setup for my experiments was a comprehensive example that utilised my knowledge in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, multi-phase and turbulence, simultaneously.
After joining the Laboratory for Microsystems (LMS) at Monash University, I designed a valve-induced splitting and mergining system for microdroplets with high selectivity and efficiency. Herein, I am working to characterize and optimize my system and develop it for the industrial purposes.
In my spare time I enjoy physical activities such as cooking, watching movies, running and sweating it out in the gym. I love history and learning different cultures and whenever I have enough time I usually pack my bag and travel to new places to explore the world.
- S. N. Agnihotri, M. R. Raveshi, R. Bhardwaj, A. Neild. Droplet breakup at the entrance to a bypass channel in a microfluidic system. Phys. Rev. Applied 11, 034020
- M.R. Raveshi, “Non-Fourier Heat conduction in an Exponentially Graded Slab”, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, Vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 326-336, 2016.
- D. Rezaei Khonakdar, M.R. Raveshi, “Mixed Convection on a Vertical Plate in Supercritical Fluids by Selecting the Best Equation of State”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, Vol. 107, pp. 549-559, 2016.
- M. Babaelahi, M.R. Raveshi, “Analytical Efficiency Analysis of Aerospace Radiating Fin”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 228, no. 17, pp. 3133-3140, 2014.
- A.R. Teymourtash, D. Rezaei Khonakdar, M.R. Raveshi, “Natural Convection on a Vertical Plate with Variable Heat Flux in Supercritical Fluids”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, Vol. 74, pp. 115-127, 2013.
- M.R. Raveshi, A. Keshavarz, M. Salemi Mojarrad, S. Amiri, “Experimental Investigation of Pool Boiling Heat Transfer Enhancement of Alumina-Water-Ethylene Glycol Nanofluids”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 44, pp. 805-814, 2013.
- S. Sadri, M.R. Raveshi, S. Amiri, “Efficiency Analysis of Straight Fin with Variable Heat Transfer Coefficient and Thermal Conductivity”, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, no. 4, pp.1283-1290, 2012.
- M.R. Raveshi, A. Keshavarz, S. Amiri, “A Device for Measuring the Pool Boiling Properties of Nanofluids and Binary Liquid Mixtures with Different Surface Roughness and Surface Materials”, Iranian Patent No. 78319, 2013, Iran.
- Top 3 M.Sc. Research Thesis in the Annual National Convention of Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineering in 2012.